Our History

Koenig Equipment History

In 1904, John C. Koenig founded a hardware and farm equipment dealership to serve his friends and neighbors. Committed to the long-term, he handled only quality products; he offered them at a fair price; he maintained convenient hours; and he supported his merchandise with application information, a good parts stock, and responsive repair and maintenance. He always greeted his customers as friends and made sure transactions were of mutual advantage.
Intranet Settings

Timeline

2021

New Facility Opened in Franklin

Franklin operations moved to a new 25,000 sq2 facility conveniently located at 1280 Sloan Drive off US Route 31. The expansion is the largest capital expenditure in the 117-year history of Koenig Equipment and features more retail space, over 3,000 sq2 of parts storage, and a large service shop with the initiative to add more technicians to the team. CEO Aaron Koenig says the investment in Indiana will not stop here.

Koenig Equipment facility in Franklin, Indiana

2018

Koenig Equipment Acquires Cahall Brothers Location

Koenig Equipment acquires the assets and operations of the Cahall Brothers, Inc. location in Amelia, Ohio. With this addition, Koenig Equipment operates 15 dealership facilities serving customers in southwestern Ohio and southeastern Indiana.

2018

Koenig Equipment Acquires Buchanan Power Equipment

Koenig Equipment, Inc. acquires the assets and operations of Buchanan Power Equipment, Inc in Lebanon, Ohio.

2017

Koenig Equipment Completes Acquisition Of Smith Implements

Six additional locations are acquired from Smith Implements in Indiana.  Koenig Equipment expands its operations to include 13 John Deere dealership facilities serving agricultural, commercial, governmental and residential customers in 42 counties across Ohio and Indiana.

2017

Ownership of Case IH Stores Transferred

Koenig sells Gas City, Huntington, Logansport, and Rossville locations to Redline Equipment.

2015

New Facility Opened in Greenville

Greenville operations moved to a new 42,000 ft2 facility on Children's Home-Bradford Rd. The new location boasts an expanded retail space, large parts storage, and a more spacious repair shop to accomodate larger equipment. Later the facility would be recognized by Ohio Valley Associated Builders and Contractors Inc. (OVABC) with their Excellence in Construction Eagle Award.

2009

Koenig Equipment Expands in Indiana

Koenig Equipment expands into Indiana. Marion branch moved to new 38,000 square foot facility in Gas City.

2009

Vandalia dealership moves.

Vandalia dealership moved to a new facility in Tipp City.

2008

Walt Horton Bronze Works

Koenig Family purchased two Walt Horton bronze works and dedicated them to Emerson and Janet Koenig.

2007

New Learning Center

The new Administrative and Learning Center built on State Route 274 in Botkins.